The president-elect said the main national security-related organizations in the United States had been hit hard in the administration of current President Donald Trump.
President-elect Joe Biden has said that key national security organizations in the United States have been hit hard by incumbent President Donald Trump’s administration, according to the BBC.
Biden said he and his government’s transition team had not received the necessary information, including from the US Department of Defense.
Biden made the remarks following a meeting with his national security and foreign policy advisers.
Joe Biden is set to officially take office on January 20, but Donald Trump has yet to concede defeat.
The Trump administration had blocked Biden access to critical national security information for three weeks after the election results were announced.
The Donald Trump administration has not yet responded to the remarks.
Biden said Monday that his colleagues at the Department of Defense and the Department of Budget and Government Management have faced obstacles. “We do not currently receive important national security information from the government,” he said. “In my opinion, this is nothing short of irresponsible.”
Biden said many of the country’s organizations that are vital to our security have been severely damaged and depleted of capacity, morale and strength.