Sliding valve is one of the valves that is widely used in the water industry. In fact, these valves are used to cut off and connect the current and are completely open or closed. This means that it is not possible to increase or decrease the pressure in the path and it can not be used to control the pressure. The discs of these valves go out of the way when they are completely open and are usually placed in the valve bun. When these valves are open, the fluid in them passes through a path whose size and dimensions are the same as the size of the line. It should also be noted that during storage or when the valve is on the closed line, the valve should not be in a position that is close to the closed position. In general, sliding valves are produced and used in plastic and metal sliding valves.
E-Shop Sanat Company is one of the largest suppliers of instrumentation equipment that provides consulting in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical projects. To buy a washing machine, you can contact the experienced experts of this collection.
Benefits of Sliding Valve
- Ease of opening and closing very easy in the piping route
- Complete sealing when the valve is closed
- No need for periodic service
- Use of ductile iron tabs on metal tab slide valve
- Use steel or bronze rims for better sealing of the metal tab slide valve
- No need for maintenance, especially in terms of milk operation
- An important advantage of open path is the size of the pipe diameter
Disadvantages of sliding valve
- The force applied to the disk from the fluid side causes the sealing to take place. Now, if the fluid pressure is low, the sealing will not be done properly.
- Excessive opening and closing of sliding valves leads to damage and wear of the components of these valves.
- These valves are not suitable for regulating and controlling the flow.
Application of sliding valve
Sliding valves are widely used in water supply facilities such as non-corrosive fluids and drinking and raw water. In fact, we can say that these valves, when open, have less turbulence than the valves that cause disconnection. It should also be noted that the pressure drop that occurs in them is not significant, while if placed in a completely closed position, it can well prevent the passage of current. In addition, this valve is not used in transmission lines to control the flow and is also considered unauthorized, which is usually used in fully open or closed mode. Other applications include sliding valves in petrochemical refineries, various industrial plants, offshore facilities, power plants, water supply projects, etc.
Sliding valve category
- Sliding valve with plastic tab
- Sliding valve with metal tab
Now it is better to say that each of the plastic and metal tongue valves are divided into different categories:
Plastic tab: 1- Sliding valve Plastic tab F4 2- Sliding valve Plastic tab F5
Metal tab: 1- Sliding valve Metal tab F4 2- Sliding valve Metal tab F5
Sliding valve components
- Square head: Opening and closing the sliding valves is usually done by the head of the pulley.
- Body : The part of the valve that connects to other items and equipment and this connection is done through flange, gear or welding.
- بونت : This part is actually a part of the valve in which there are moving parts of the valve and it is connected to it through screws.
- Trim The sets of discs, stems and seat rings of the sliding valve are called trim.
- The axis of the valve or stem : The stem or axis of the valve in the sliding valve moves the disc inside the valve. In fact, it can be said that the valve shaft is a factor for the torque applied to the head of the pulley, or that it moves the handle to the disc and causes it to move up and down. Sliding valves are divided into two categories in terms of stem type: Rising Stem and Non Rising Stem.
Now we examine the types of sliding valves in terms of the type of stem:
Rising Stem: In this case, the valve shaft goes to the pulley or the top of the handle when the valve is open. Usually the same type of valves are used because the opening and closing of the valve is known to the line operator.
Non Rising: In this case, no upward movement is seen. In fact, it can be said that in this case, the disk moves up and down by the ribs on the stem. It should also be borne in mind that in this case the ribs are exposed to fluid, so it may lead to corrosion, wear and heat, which causes it to deteriorate sooner.